Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why is there a narrative that the OLine is horrible?
(09-26-2022, 07:29 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Mixon is part of it, but they were overloading the line. I know it doesn’t always work but that seems like the only way to run effectively

Plus the D was trying to strip the ball several times. Some posters thinks I'm not giving them any credit but it happens plenty in the NFL. I saw it and Boomer commented on it. It's far easier to run the ball when defenders are punching the ball and tackling with little leverage. Jets were down 2 scores with a couple TO's and the Jets offense was not good so they had to try to get a TO. That gave the OL confidence.

Look, they still got the job done and I like Perrine as he's quicker to the hole than Mixon and runs with a much lower center of gravity and I like a RB room that gives more than one RB carries as a change of pace. Plus, who doesn't like a RB that ran for over 400 yards in a single game at the highest collegiate level.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is there a narrative that the OLine is horrible? - higgy100 - 09-27-2022, 11:46 AM