Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New week, another Zac apology for bad play call
(09-27-2022, 12:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Here's the thing with going for it with me. Circumstances are "everything".

I like an aggressive HC, fake punts, fake FG's going for it on 4th down "under the right circumstances", field position, score, time in the game and so on.

I know there's no guarantee of a FG. However, with shooter kicking a FG from the 19 I like our chances. That's what like a 35 yarder?

The "circumstances" that would have at the moment put us up by 21 points. There's something that happens to a team psychologically going down by 3 full Touch Downs. The wind comes out of your sails. There was only like 5 minutes left in 3rd qtr. and 4th of course.

You take the points in that situation, every time.

If you fail going for it on 4th (like we did) it boosts the other team. HEY we've still got a shot.

It was the wrong time to be Aggressive IMO.

Especially in a game where your D is playing great and it's a huge uphill climb for the offense. That FG in that situation, imo, is no different than a TD in deflating the opponent as 3 TD's ain't going to happen. In a shoot-out type game where your D is getting gashed with points galore happening then it's different.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New week, another Zac apology for bad play call - higgy100 - 09-27-2022, 12:15 PM