Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New week, another Zac apology for bad play call
(09-27-2022, 12:49 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Gut feel is sub-optimal. If you aren't utilizing some kind of analytical data in your decision making, you're putting yourself at a disadvantage. Most "gut feels" are conservative calls and you can miss out on opportunities to put yourself ahead. Some teams in the NFL are building what essentially amounts to a data science division, employing a large number of data scientists and analysts to give them an analytical advantage. 

At the end of the day, football is just a game where a bunch of guys run around on a field and produce all kinds of numbers. Not analyzing those numbers doesn't make much sense in the grand scheme of things. It's just math and statistics, and you can see a tangible benefit on the field by using them. 

I'm not against using analytics as a tool. I just don't think the decision can be based Soley on that. Momentum is real in football and I'm not sure it takes that into account? 

Not to mention the QB/team you're playing against and just how the game is flowing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New week, another Zac apology for bad play call - bengalfan74 - 09-27-2022, 01:41 PM