Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Wilson is the best linebacker we’ve had since i began watching. (2002)
(09-28-2022, 10:38 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Kevin Hardy (though he had lost a step a bit, when he was with us)
Brian Simmons
Odell
Burfict

Are all at Wilson's level, I feel (since 2002).

But Logan has the potential to be better: only Odell can claim the coverage ability that Logan has and I think Logan is better anyways.

Simmons and Burfict are at his level in the run game, but as Pistons said, he doesn't have the pass rush chops from ILB like Hardy had (and Hardy was great against the run too).

But we didn't use Hardy to rush the passer often and we don't use Logan to rush the passer often, so that's a moot point, IMO.

Yep. And if you put Reader, Hendrickson, and Hubbard on a line in front of some of those past Bengals LB's...they'd be more effective.

And if you put Wilson on some of those teams...maybe he's a Caleb Miller-level player? Really hard to say.

DJ Reader is just so elite and commands a double-team at times in the running game. That lets LB's run free instead of having a Guard on them.

And I'm in no way trying to bash Wilson. He's a fine player on this team and he fits nicely on the defense.

It just seems like teams don't care if LB's can cover passes anymore and go for pass rushers.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Logan Wilson is the best linebacker we’ve had since i began watching. (2002) - THE PISTONS - 09-28-2022, 12:39 PM