Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have to "Report" as a blocker
(09-26-2022, 06:02 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Thanks to ol' Bill in NE, there are some restrictions on it, but I can't remember exactly what the rule says.

The Pats put some extra guys out there, do there was no way to determine who was eligible and who was not until after the guys took off running.  That meant you might not have a DB lined up on the guy.  I believe Saban might have also done it the day before at Alabama.  Either way, they corrected the loophole immediately.

That's not entirely correct. 

The rule has always been, 7 guys on the LoS, the two nearest the sidelines are eligible. Everyone else on the LoS between them are ineligible. If the guy closest to a sideline has an inelible number, he must report as eligible. 

Bill just aligned guys so that a WR (or TE, i can't remember) was lined up on the LoS, with a WR outside of him (covering him and making him ineligible), which meant that when the ball was snapped, the guy inside could not run a route, even though he was a TE or WR. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you have to "Report" as a blocker - rfaulk34 - 09-29-2022, 01:13 PM