Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just wanted to say... Told ya so
(12-09-2015, 12:55 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The reduction in workload has done wonders for Peko. We probably still need to consider a replacement soon though. He's not getting any younger.

Absolutely, and perhaps even more importantly, with the rotational aspect of the defensive front and even some in the WR corps, RB, TE, LB, S, and CB, the players seem to really be hitting their stride in terms of energy.

In the past few years under Marvin, largely due to injuries, there were some players that played every snap through the entire season (or nearly all) and were clearly wore down when the postseason rolled around.  The aforementioned Peko is  a perfect example.  Even Atkins gets rotated out for a series here and there.  Blowouts like this past week allow the key players to rest and eliminate their chance of an injury.  

Even though he may be our best player on defense, I am okay with Atkins sitting out the Denver game due to his sickle cell trait so he is even MORE rested and ready for the postseason.  I believe the team will win that one without him.

I realize a big run of injuries could put all this optimism to a halt, but things are really shaping up nicely for the Bengals as of right now.  

I rarely do this, but I offer huge props to the coaching staff for acknowledging there was a problem in the way they approached the games, etc. and they made significant changes to try and keep the players fresher for game day and, clearly, healthier come the postseason.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Just wanted to say... Told ya so - Okeana - 12-08-2015, 08:09 PM
RE: Just wanted to say... Told ya so - SHRacerX - 12-09-2015, 09:43 AM
RE: Just wanted to say... Told ya so - CJD - 12-09-2015, 08:25 AM