Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OL in weeks 3&4= Three total sacks given up. Are they starting to gel?
I think it's a combination of a lot of things.

1. We haven't faced a game wrecking pass rusher in the last 2 weeks. The best we've seen is Carl Lawson and, you know, he is fine...but nothing compared to Parsons or Watt. And I don't even know who Miami's best pass rusher is and I literally just watched an entire game of their defense.

2. We are doing better at playcalling. Yes, the check downs can be annoying, especially when Joe takes them when there's no pressure in his face, but they are helping to keep him clean. In addition, they are using play action more effectively, aren't as predictable in their playcalling based on formation and are calling some plays that are designed to protect a QB like PA boots (like the long Boyd pass against Miami).

3. Burrow is sharper. I think he was just off in his first two games. He wasn't evading pass rushers like he usually does. Against Miami and especially NYJ, he felt the pressure around him better and found the opening to run out and create plays better. I think his appendectomy required some recovery and he missed some practice, but I think he's getting better every game.

4. Yea, I think they're beginning to gel a bit.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: OL in weeks 3&4= Three total sacks given up. Are they starting to gel? - CJD - 09-30-2022, 03:03 AM