Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OL in weeks 3&4= Three total sacks given up. Are they starting to gel?
I think just as we were saying some of the blame is on Burrow for some of the sacks. I think some of the reason for better protection is because of Burrow's play as well. I think the check downs this week was due to tight coverage, getting the ball out quick and probably due to the fact that Buffalo was killing the Dolphins taking check downs. I've also noticed Burrow missing some throws but they always seem to be on the safe side of the play where only our guy can make a play. I wonder if this is due to tight coverage where Burrow maybe normally hangs on to the ball and waits for something better but instead just throws it up but while being cautious with the ball.

I do think the oline is playing better and I hope they can continue to improve. As far as the run game I think Mixon will get it going eventually and in the past if the blocking isn't there it seems to take quite a few games to workout like a mid-season form type of thing. So I really think we need to get all 3 backs involved just to try and keep everyone fresh and healthy for the stretch at the end. I would love to see some designed plays beyond screens to try and get a back open with space so they can catch a ball on the move.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: OL in weeks 3&4= Three total sacks given up. Are they starting to gel? - NUGDUKWE - 10-01-2022, 12:16 PM