Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We’ve got 3 WRs that are probably worth 20+ million a year and we are likely losing 2
(10-01-2022, 02:59 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I’m getting off target here but I had this exact conversation with a friend of mine who played in the NFL in the 90s. He became a doctor so he’s doing more than well for himself. But what NBA and NFL players made in the 90s is a joke compared to today.

Freaking CJ McCollum (NBA, plays for the pelicans) just signed a 2 year contract for $64 million. Just to give you an idea, Charles BARKLEY “only” made $37 million his entire career. CJ isn’t a bad player but he ain’t Charles Barkley, not by a long shot.

How much higher can this conceivably go? And we can’t just chalk it up to inflation, this has been on an astronomical climb for the last 20 years. I remember how in shock I was when I found out Allen Iverson made $20M one year, and he was one of the best players in the league. 

Where the hell is this money coming from? 

TV Deals
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We’ve got 3 WRs that are probably worth 20+ million a year and we are likely losing 2 - Bengalbug - 10-01-2022, 04:55 PM