Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running game/Joe Mixon, what's up?
(10-03-2022, 03:39 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I thought this was a Fred thread based on the title...

I've only been able to watch one full game this year, and it was last Thursday.  I saw two things happen more than once that game.  

The most consistent was that Joe was getting hit early, backfield or just a wall of defenders and no place to go.  Especially those backfield hits before you have momentum built are hard to shake off down after down.  

The other thing I saw was Mixon not hitting the hole at all.  It happened once by the goal line, and I believe a couple other times as well where the line shifted but he cut the wrong way.  I don't know if that's because he's conditioning his mind that he's running into bodies instead of space.  Or from his ankle not being 100% to cut properly, or his head is just out of joint.  

It is definitely frustrating when you don't feel they even have a chance of getting that ball moving through the rush "attack."

I think part of the problem is Mixon is trying to hit a homerun on every running play. He's waiting, dancing, hoping the parting of the Red Sea is coming and he'll be able to run untouched all the way to the endzone.

Instead of just taking what's being given, 5 yards or whatever?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Running game/Joe Mixon, what's up? - bengalfan74 - 10-03-2022, 03:43 PM