Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Kenny PICKIT era has begun
(10-02-2022, 10:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: It wasn't terrible for a first NFL game. The issue is more that when they drafted him Pitt claimed he would be coached up and the line addressed before he was handed the job - guess they got impatient. Hopefully this does not wind up harming his development in terms of being thrown prematurely to the wolves.

He will be fine. I think this is where 'being older' in beneficial. The level of maturity on this guy is off the charts. Watch his post-game. Very confident, mature, says all the right things, and doesn't throw his teammates under the bus like some else used to do. It's refreshing and exciting. 

If you read between the lines of what they've been saying this season, I really believe KP is who the players want as their QB. Friermuth actually said it without saying it on Sunday
https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2022/10/04/steelers-kenny-pickett-pat-freiermuth-nfl/
He plays with a toughness that's got to be endearing to his teammates. He actually did a couple of QB sneaks (something #7 refused to do) and continued to drive after first contact on his TD run. 

I feel bad for Mitch...he seems like a nice guy...but he played afraid. Didn't take shots...looked unsettled....threw awkwardly and off of his back foot a lot...etc. He never looked comfortable. KP made a mistake or two, but all of the sudden, the offense moved when he went in. I think he cleans those mistakes up and does just fine. 

If he fails as a QB, it will be because of his athletic ability and not because of his mentality. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The Kenny PICKIT era has begun - bfine32 - 10-02-2022, 05:29 PM
RE: The Kenny PICKIT era has begun - StrictlyBiz - 10-04-2022, 05:59 AM