Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running game/Joe Mixon, what's up?
(10-04-2022, 08:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: How so? If you aren't selling the fake, then play action isn't going to work. QB9 isn't some infallible shoe in HOFer. At least not yet. He's got work to do like the rest of them. He played like absolute dog shit week 1. Week 2 wasn't much better. Blaming all of the QBs errors on others is what's absolute BS. Perhaps you need to watch some film on Boomer Esiason to see how play action is supposed to look. Maybe Joe should too. OP is absolutely right, neither Joe is doing very well at that.

Right on

I remember watching the Gruden QB camp thing I dunno?  8 0r 10 years ago ? If memory serves he was critiquing Manziel pre draft. They were going over film of handoffs and play action fakes. Ole Johnny handed the ball off to RB and just stopped and dropped hands and stood there.

Gruden was like NO NO NO. He showed Manziel film of P. Manning handing the ball off and then rolling out faking he still had the ball and going into passing stance. Gruden was like there Johnny, THERE. This is a 10 year vet or whatever, future HOFer and see how hard he's working! See how he's selling it?

Same thing with Joe Mixon on the play action pass. My grandma knows Mixon doesn't have the ball 1/2 step after the fake handoff. On many plays he's not even barely trying to make D think he has the ball !

Am I saying this is 100% the entire problem ? NO Fix this and everything is all better ? NO

I'm simply saying their seems to be a lack of effort on many plays and it's not helping, at all. In fooling the defense. And yes Joe Burrow is guilty as well.

On shotgun handoffs it would help, I would guess, if Burrow put a little more effort into making the D buy that he still has the ball, that's all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Running game/Joe Mixon, what's up? - bengalfan74 - 10-04-2022, 09:22 AM