Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running game/Joe Mixon, what's up?
(10-04-2022, 09:02 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Saquon Barkley passed him by 2 carries. 2 more carries for 239 more yards, literally more than double Mixon. Lol

I will say that no other qualified RB in the league has less than 3.0 YPC, so Mixon is WAY last. In fact, the 32nd ranked qualified RB is at 4.1 YPC, or 1.4 YPC ahead of Mixon. So it's not just bad but truly terrible on a whole different level.

Yes, I heard exactly what you pointed out on the radio yesterday. It's epic bad. My hope is that this meeting and film session they had together bears a little fruit. He had all of the linemen, backs, and TEs over to his house to go over what he was expecting and what his blockers were expecting. This isn't the first time he's done this. Remember a few years ago when he was struggling, then turned on the rest of the year? He did the same thing then. Sure hope it works again.

(10-04-2022, 09:22 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right on

I remember watching the Gruden QB camp thing I dunno?  8 0r 10 years ago ? If memory serves he was critiquing Manziel pre draft. They were going over film of handoffs and play action fakes. Ole Johnny handed the ball off to RB and just stopped and dropped hands and stood there.

Gruden was like NO NO NO. He showed Manziel film of P. Manning handing the ball off and then rolling out faking he still had the ball and going into passing stance. Gruden was like there Johnny, THERE. This is a 10 year vet or whatever, future HOFer and see how hard he's working! See how he's selling it?

Same thing with Joe Mixon on the play action pass. My grandma knows Mixon doesn't have the ball 1/2 step after the fake handoff. On many plays he's not even barely trying to make D think he has the ball !

Am I saying this is 100% the entire problem ? NO Fix this and everything is all better ? NO

I'm simply saying their seems to be a lack of effort on many plays and it's not helping, at all. In fooling the defense. And yes Joe Burrow is guilty as well.

On shotgun handoffs it would help, I would guess, if Burrow put a little more effort into making the D buy that he still has the ball, that's all.

Right, you just can't go through the motions. I watched a little of last night's game, and what stood out now that I've read this thread is how both teams do exactly what you say we should be doing. I noticed a lot of similar plays that we run, but with better execution at the point of attack, and better play fakes.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Running game/Joe Mixon, what's up? - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-04-2022, 10:26 AM