Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running game/Joe Mixon, what's up?
(10-04-2022, 11:39 AM)higgy100 Wrote: I assume you're talking about Perrine against the Jets? I did state last week that also one of the big reasons Perrine shined against the Jets is that they were also trying to strip the ball from him which is very common in this league when offenses are rather challenged and against the wall late in a game. Still, he ran hard, gained confidence and stays much lower to the ground than Mixon does (who runs straight up) and Perrine accelerates much faster into the hole. He's alot harder to find for the DL.

I have to disagree with your statement about Mixon running straight up. Watch him as he approaches the line with the ball. He leans forward. I'm assuming it's because he's thinking he's going to run head on into someone and then be able to keep his balance but in reality he normal gets hit on his side and therefore has no balance and just falls over. The great running backs all had great balance and were able to overcome someone grabbing at their feet or they'd bounce off a tackler coming from their side. Mixon just falls down. No body control at all.

I may also be focusing more on short yardage and goal line with my statements.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Running game/Joe Mixon, what's up? - Mer - 10-04-2022, 11:46 AM