Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dan Orlusky … shotgun vs under center… bengals run game
(10-06-2022, 09:53 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This could be true, but to me this conversation in terms of the Bengals is talking more about their tendencies. That's kind of mutually exclusive from the shotgun vs. under center debate. The issue they are having is kind of a one off thing. 

I agree though, offenses can be more productive under shotgun (which you have shown) but when you start to show tendencies and defenses know what is coming based on formation...that's when you have a problem. 

That's fair. I was looking at their early conversation, where they were speaking about how much you have available to you under center and how everything looks the same etc. 

Cincinnati has shown tendencies for sure. Personally, I would be fine scrapping most UC plays and just going shotgun with a bunch of RPOs & play-actions mixed in. I am also not an NFL offensive coordinator, so I am sure there is something I am missing. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dan Orlusky … shotgun vs under center… bengals run game - KillerGoose - 10-06-2022, 09:58 AM