Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bengals Could Get Early Game Help Sunday
(10-06-2022, 05:48 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Your 2 points are noted and acknowledged.

Yet you ignored the points that I made.

You stated the Steelers are one of the worst teams in the NFL. 
I said "IF" they beat the Bills as they did last year then the Steelers would have beaten the Bills AND the Bengals and just that makes them an average team and NOT one of the worst teams in the NFL. 

The Steelers with their new QB maybe, maybe a better offensive team than the 2021 Steelers. The 2021 Steelers who ranked poorly in Run Defensive. The 2021 Steelers made the playoffs and were a half-game in the standings from the Bengals. Let that run through your mind a bit. Mike Tomlin like him or not was the reason for the Steelers making the playoffs, but I think his luck may run out with never having a losing season this year. 

I think Pig Ben held the Steelers back as he did not have an arm any more and he had to do short passes and dump offs and their offense was horrible mainly because of him. That said their backup QB's were worse. I think Tribisky is worse than Pig Ben, I don't know about their rookie QB yet.

You are right, if they pull out a huge upset and beat the Bills, then I will have to re-evaluate.  Perhaps their QB (and their OC) was holding them back and the playcalling demoralized them.  Tomlin gets a lot of praise for his above .500 record, but for a lot of his career both the Browns and the Bengals were 4 Ws on the schedule.  I think he is a great motivator, which was always one of my biggest complaints against Marv.  

Last year's team has no bearing on what I believe about this year's team.  Piggy was fat (should have said fatter) and had no arm, but had the experience to know where to go with the ball and they made the playoffs.  Kudos to them for that.  This year, they lost a key piece on their defensive interior and starting CB.  A lot of the rest of the teams in the NFL took major steps this past season.  The Dolphins, Jets, and Jags all finished behind pitt in the standings last year and I believe they flew by them this season, and that is just in the AFC.  

This year's steeler team would be 0-4 staring at an 0-5 start if the Bengals could have executed one of two chip shot kicks in week 1.  Until Pickett proves he is more than a runner on short yardage (he won't last) and doesn't throw 3 INT every 13 attempts, I will stick by my analysis that the steelers are one of the worst teams in the league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Could Get Early Game Help Sunday - SHRacerX - 10-07-2022, 09:09 AM