Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing is breaking the Bengals way this season
(10-10-2022, 01:10 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I still maintain the Steelers game DID break our way, because the odds of you having a chance to kick an XP to win a game where you are -5 in turnover differential has got to be very low.

We were a decent snap away from winning a game we had no business winning, so I don't see how we can put that game in the bad luck column.

Definitely. We were pretty lucky that the Steelers are so bad that we still had a shot in that game.

We haven't been unlucky this year, so I don't agree with the OP. To me, we've been great on defence, largely poor on offence, and have lost 3 close ones. 

I weirdly think that this has been the sign of a 'good' team so far... the Steelers game was a debacle, so no excuses for that. But we lost a nailbiter in Dallas, to a Cowboys team that may actually be pretty good, and we've just lost a nailbiter to a Ravens team who are also pretty decent. 

I don't think the Bengals offence is playing near to its best, but we are only a Extra Point (Steelers), Field Goal (Ravens) and an end of game FG drive (Dallas), from being 5-0. Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic, but if the offence can even play at 75% of last season, I still think we're a very scary team (for the league rather than scary for our own fans!).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nothing is breaking the Bengals way this season - TheCincinnatiKid - 10-10-2022, 05:18 AM