Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow throwing the middle of the field
(10-10-2022, 11:48 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I like emphasizing Chase, but the defense caught on REAL quick, and we kept trying to do it. 

They need to emphasize Chase but be more creative in doing so. You can only throw the ball quick to the outside so many times. I think they beat that play to death last night.

Did a dive into the tape,  really have first series, he had two other screen/quick passes the rest of game, overall it was effective enough 2 first down, and really one was looking good but Burrow throw too quick, gave Williams no chance to get out there.  Once Higgins went out, he really became the main outside WR most of the time single Wr, so if you look at the routes and positions, he had a variety of different routes with catches and incompletes.  Interesting though as i watched the tape, it confirmed what i saw live and replay, he ran a bad route on INT and  i was surprised last year he really blocked hard on runs, last night he did not.. he seems a bit complacent on the run plays. 

1. First play bubble screen for 11
2. Quick pass with boyd in slot, -1
3. Outside WR stop and curl, inc
4.  in backfield sweep no gain
5.  in backfield, a bit of a flair/wheel route, inc but should have been a hold, he was open
6. in bunch, motioned across, turn up down seam, ran a bad route really, he bent the route should have cut it off,  INT
7. single high WR, pass interference on a nice release down field
8. single high again, he ran inside outside release about 10 or so yards, Burrow throw back shoulder, Chase still running
9  bunch screen, Burrow threw too fast, never game Williams ability to get out to block look possible going for yards but no gain
10. playing slot inside release slant, for 11
11 single high WR, threw deep down the line, inc
12. 3 Wr set, he was in middle quick pas, 1st down , cb makes a good play was close to breaking that one
13. single high WR, come back for 6
14. single high Wr, back shoulder, made a nice adjustment to catch inside 12 yards
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow throwing the middle of the field - Essex Johnson - 10-10-2022, 06:18 PM