Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party
(10-12-2022, 12:20 PM)Dill Wrote: Wish someone would suggest this, non seriously, in the national media.

Promise white homeless vets jobs in Texas and Florida, then drop them off at the governors' mansions

claiming they "signed a paper" and went willingly.  

Just calling attention to the problem. . . . 

More people might be able better able to guess why it is wrong to do that to brown asylum seekers.

There are more homeless vets in Florida and Texas than in NY, so the idea that red states roll out the red carpets for veterans and make sure they have jobs and healthcare and other stuff that falls under "Why should I pay for someone else to be lazy?" is more political blathering that allows us to spend more time arguing and assuming one side is as fault than actually fixing things.

As other have pointed out, being "pro troops" can apparently coincide with cutting or denying benefits for veterans much like being "pro freedom" can coincide with making all sorts of stuff illegal.  Bah.

Back to the initial point, switching sides is pretty common I guess.  You have the three republican gods of Lincoln, Reagan, and Trump being either completely misconstrued (Lincoln) by the GOP or blue state democrats who switched to the GOP to push talking points about religion and freedom while enriching themselves and their elite circles.

Currently off the top of my head there are two governor races where you have a republican incumbent against a republican turned democrat in Oklahoma and Florida, too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - Nately120 - 10-12-2022, 12:32 PM