Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
The Bengals are a disappointment and Joe is off.
(10-12-2022, 12:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re severely underrating the talent on this roster. They have a stud at every single level on defense. Hendrickson is an elite pass rusher who’s currently top 5 in pressures - and is behind only Garrett and Watt in sacks the past 2 years. And he’s not even our best DL (Reader). Logan Wilson is becoming a premier LB - especially in coverage, Awuzie is currently the #4 rated CB in the NFL, and Bell is playing like an All Pro safety. They literally haven’t given up a 2nd half TD since week 1.

The offense is obviously currently struggling, but the talent of Burrow, Chase, Tee, Boyd, and Mixon is about as good as it gets at the skill positions.

Well, it wouldn't be me underrating. It would be the rest of the league, since the only name you mention above listed in the top 100 of nfl.com's rating is Hendrickson at 44. I love our players and our depth, but I also recognize that I tend to look at our players with rose-colored glasses and others outside our orbit don't. And I don't see this as some gifted roster only being held back by the coaches. I do hope by the end of the year the Bengals roster grows into one of the best in the league and players currently underperforming (Burrow, Chase, Mixon, Boyd, OL) turn it around and become recognized as among the best. And that is my expectation. But if they do, credit must also go to the coaches.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals are a disappointment and Joe is off. - Nepa - 10-12-2022, 01:51 PM