Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party
(10-13-2022, 06:34 PM)hollodero Wrote: I think she is intelligent and articulate. But consistent is just a weird word for someone changing from team Trump is the worst to team Trump is a genius. As much as I hate it that it's about him, it is. As GOP member, defending him on every turn is just as adamant as was attacking him on every turn for every democrat. But even aside of him, these parties are so hostile towards each other these days, and such polar opposites in so many respects. I can't help myself. When I hear her say Democrats are so hostile towards people of faith and spirituality, one of the most hollow talking points ever made up against them, I do not believe her to be genuine. Not that the other phrases were all that more convincing, as I said it's a best of from FOX show headliners and I could have come up with these points in a second.

I really don't see her as a Trump apologist.  I do see her as someone who can admit that Trump had some good points in some areas.  Recall his warning Germany about being dependent on Russia for energy and also warning about the dangers of Russian aggression.  I really do not see her as an opportunist and she certainly comes off as more genuine than the vast majority of politicians. 

Quote:Fur sure I cannot look inside her head, but I deem it way more likely than not that she's leaving team blue not because of any principle or conviction, but because her ambitions are capped there and selling herself saying all the right things might come easier to her on the other team. Especially with the very popular "I fled the horrible and woke-infested Democrats" storyline going for her. 

I am again handicapped by really only having direct exposure to the most far left people the Dems have to offer.  As Bel and I have discussed I'd probably be much more inline with Dems from more moderate states such as Virginia.  But my experience with the Democratic party the past six to eight years has been abysmal.  They trip over each other to be the most progressive and cater to the worst elements of the left.  Hawaii is definitely in that category, so it's very likely Gabbard suffers from the same perceptions that I do.

Quote:Also, equating MTG to AOC in regard to their nutjobbyness? I mean, I get the latter is a bit of a weirdo at times, but MTG might be legitimately crazy.

Yeah, AOC is much more subtle about it, but she's no less a radical.  They're both profoundly unintelligent and beholden to ideological talking points.  A rational counterpoint is not something either is prepared to tolerate.

(10-13-2022, 07:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You have to understand, Hollo, the average American thinks that AOC is like radical left-wing rather than the center-left she would be in most of the rest of the world.

Eh, she lost any credibility she could have had with me with the "green new deal" bullet point that we will provide for those unable or "unwilling" to work.  Plus I have no tolerance for the people who have damaged the criminal justice system and law enforcement to the point that the effects will be felt for decades.  She's hardly alone in this, her whole "squad" (dumbest nickname ever) bears the same burden.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-13-2022, 08:47 PM