Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow throwing the middle of the field
(10-15-2022, 06:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Boyd was covered pretty well, both games, pretty similar to everyone else. 

I'd say it's more a case of missing 'someone else' who's open, rather than where he threw it, and not really a case of Boyd being open all the time. 

I'm just pointing this out because sometimes something is said and it takes off like a forest fire, and in this case, the 'Boyd wide open' claim isn't really true. 

He certainly did miss Boyd a couple of times, but not an inordinant amount of times and two of those were a big gainer to Chase and a touchdown to Hurst. 

Keep in mind, still frames of plays can lie.

Definitely understand your position. Don't want this notion to get out of hand either. Just saying Burrow usually sees 
these things and I bet he saw the same misses we did. It isn't an inordinate amount of misses like you say Rfaulk. Just 
something I am not used to with Burrow. I don't expect this to go on long, should start to see the Burrow of old soon.

I also think that Burrow actually having a pocket the last few games kind of shocked him.

Not something he is used to lol

(10-15-2022, 08:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Thank you. I thought I was taking crazy pills or something. Cause I sure as hell haven’t been seeing Boyd “wide open all game” like some are claiming.

People are complaining about going to Chase too much be he’s the one still putting up a high open score even with all the attention.

He wasn't open all game, just a few times where it was missed by Burrow that we aren't used to seeing. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow throwing the middle of the field - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-16-2022, 01:30 PM