Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we sell out to stop the pass?
I think we need to play a good all around defense, and not try to sell out to stop the pass. I know we've got to put pressure on Ben, but Williams has always been a good back, and he still is.

We've got to have a really good game out of our front four, and keep Ben in the pocket. Ben running around for five or six seconds is deadly for the secondary. He finds open receivers while on the run as well as anybody, and he can cut loose a big throw that kills you. I think the linebackers have to play it straight most of the time, because of the effective running of Williams.

The Steeler defense is not as good as the offense, so we also have to really try to put a lot of points on the board. I know, that's always a good idea, but I think we'll be tempted to try to control the ball with running to keep it away from Ben. That's ok if it's working, but we can't get fanatic about it.

Tough game all the way around, but we're good enough to do it. If you want to be a top team, you've got to play games like this all the time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should we sell out to stop the pass? - Thundercloud - 12-11-2015, 03:38 AM