Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party
(10-17-2022, 02:23 PM)Dill Wrote: Perhaps "unintelligent" was too strong a term. I'm sure she is at least average, did her job in the military. I found her
the least impressive during the primary debates, and her interviews with Carlson after that did not improve my sense 
of her judgment.

First off, fair enough.  Less impressive than Harris?  Again, it's rather clear your biases are clouding your objectivity here.

Quote:And I don't recall ever hearing Cori Bush speak, but there could very well be Democrats I'd consider less intelligent if
I head them.

I would be seriously concerned if that wasn't the case.

Quote:If you want to make your point effective, then you could 

You are aware that this is the kind of pedantry that makes people not want to debate with you, right?

Quote:1) disagree with the criteria that I have put forth, and post other independent standards to show she meets them.

I did disagree with your assessment of her being unintelligent.  Anyone who hears her speak and comes to that conclusion has, again IMO, serious bias.  More directly, I have never heard her speak and thought to myself that this is an unintelligent person.  I have come to that conclusion multiple times with AOC, Bush and Waters.  I could add MTG, Palin and Bobert to that list as well.  Or that congressman who thought Guam would tip over.  There are a multiple people who are clearly unintelligent in Congress, I just don't see how anyone could conclude that gabbard was one of them.

Quote:2) or explain how she fits the standards I have put forth--e.g., knowledge of policy/law, and judgment. 
e.g., where is the good judgment in joining the party currently weaponizing the state against opponents,
on grounds the party holding their leaders responsible is actually weaponizing the state for political purposes?

If there is "partisanship" in my judgement, you should be able to specify it, not just SAY it's there because I disagree
with yours. 

I did, apparently not to your satisfaction, which is, unfortunately, less than surprising.  Intelligence, or rather the perception of it, is partially subjective.  Maybe you could provide an example of her being "unintelligent" that led you to your conclusion?  Especially as you are the one making the claim here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-17-2022, 02:41 PM