Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diabetes- The Money's In The Treatment, Not The Cure
I'm over 60 and have been Type II now for about 2 months. I take pills every day, 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. Once a week I take an Ozempic injection. My insurance requires me to satisfy a 1000 dollar deductible on the Ozempic which is the 1st 4 months worth. The other 8 months will cost me about 200 dollars. So I will pay about 1200 a year with my insurance. I have a moderate insurance plan, a silver level, which I raised to when I retired. When I worked I was at a bronze level. Basically, my doctor said the pills will knock me down an A1C point, and the injection, another point. That will put me at an 8, and the rest is up to me with diet to get it below a 7 level. I know someone who was an 11 A1C and he got himself down to about a 6.5 thru diet and exercise. I'm kind of in a grey area right now with a visit every 3 or 4 months to the doctor instead of the usual 6 months of a normal physical to gauge how I'm doing. Mine is definitely genetic thru my mother's side.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diabetes- The Money's In The Treatment, Not The Cure - Goalpost - 10-18-2022, 01:36 PM