Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diabetes- The Money's In The Treatment, Not The Cure
(10-17-2022, 11:32 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I am personally fine with it in this instance. I am also for a socialized healthcare system, though, so that shouldn’t be surprising. Anecdote, but a story that always blows me away. I dated a girl in college who underwent brain surgery several years before I met her. She confided in me that she had over $1m in medical debt from that surgery. After we broke up, she had to have another brain surgery and was then diagnosed with cancer.

She is still alive and well, but she also has absurd medical debt. I just don’t believe that medical treatments should cost that much. I would out insulin under that umbrella, too.

I agree. Medical debt is insane and a disgrace. There is no current solution within reach. Insurance is a scam while politicians and healthcare providers are scammers. One thing that really pisses me off is a person can go to the DR and if he doesn't have insurance, his bill is $300 while if he does, it's discounted from $300 to $100 for the same appointment because the insurance companies have pre-negotiated rates. People should not be punished because they can't afford insurance and should be a crime. 

The cost of healthcare prevents people from getting care and if they do, they end up with the absurd debt. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diabetes- The Money's In The Treatment, Not The Cure - HarleyDog - 10-18-2022, 03:27 PM