Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diabetes- The Money's In The Treatment, Not The Cure
(10-18-2022, 03:38 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Don't even get me started. It really frustrates me. Hell, I broke my finger in half several years ago playing sports. The surgery to fix it was an outpatient procedure and I did have to be put under. $30k in total. I had insurance, but still had to pay $4k. For some people, that would absolutely cripple them. As a matter of fact, one of the guys in the same league as me tore his ACL and didn't have insurance. He was terrified of the cost so...he didn't fix it. He just took some vacation, rested and then went back to work. His knee is all messed up now. I had to go to the ER due to an inadvertent poisoning and just now paid off the debt nearly two years later. Insurance didn't cover it. 

It's just a sham. The wealthiest, most powerful country on the planet shouldn't have citizens spiraling into debt because they are wanting to receive medical care, in my opinion. 

Heart attack - Bypass and valve replacement surgery: $500,000 + and bills still coming in. My medications are high. I have Aetna insurance with, get this, $8250 deductible. Premiums are $123.15 week. I have VA healthcare though as supplemental which means I'm extremely thankful I signed on the dotted line 35yrs ago. To date, All I had to pay for was a few discounted meds and an ambulance ride. Even though I'm fortunate, it still pisses me off. People are already struggling and they shouldn't forgo healthcare to keep out of bankruptcy while insurance companies post billions in profit while playing tug-of-war with the consumers. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diabetes- The Money's In The Treatment, Not The Cure - HarleyDog - 10-18-2022, 03:55 PM