Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diabetes- The Money's In The Treatment, Not The Cure
(10-18-2022, 03:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Heart attack - Bypass and valve replacement surgery: $500,000 + and bills still coming in. My medications are high. I have Aetna insurance with, get this, $8250 deductible. Premiums are $123.15 week. I have VA healthcare though as supplemental which means I'm extremely thankful I signed on the dotted line 35yrs ago. To date, All I had to pay for was a few discounted meds and an ambulance ride. Even though I'm fortunate, it still pisses me off. People are already struggling and they shouldn't forgo healthcare to keep out of bankruptcy while insurance companies post billions in profit while playing tug-of-war with the consumers. 

Jesus christ, man. That's just pitiful. I'm glad you got the treatment and are doing well, really glad you have the VA supplemental coverage. That Aetna deductible/premium is just a joke. Close to $500 a month for an $8250 deductible. Agree with everything you said. It seems like some sort of healthcare reform will eventually happen, but not quick enough. It becomes a bigger and bigger talking point with each election cycle. I just wish someone would do something. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diabetes- The Money's In The Treatment, Not The Cure - KillerGoose - 10-18-2022, 04:02 PM