Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diabetes- The Money's In The Treatment, Not The Cure
(10-18-2022, 12:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm so sorry to hear that, Matt; genetics due to... genes (lol) is one thing, but to be sparked by chemical warfare? That makes me feel bad Sad

And yes, with my dad's side (namely my dad's, dad's side), it is RAMPANT. Others of my great aunts, my great grandmother and cousins also ALL had/have it, it's insane.

As for Ozempic, one of the side effects (as I'm sure you're aware, Matt), is that you can get nauseous and feel like crap. My dad switched to it in... March or April? Not sure, but it was right before the spring and while my dad eats well, he doesn't eat frequently and when he doesn't eat frequently, he gets severely nauseous from the meds. Our fishing trips this year have been fraught with bouts of his vomiting and needing to stop what he's doing (which involves crashing into rocks {among other things}, albeit at trolling speed), until the episode passes. He tried to take it less and less (think he did 1 pill a day? My dad is all about lofty goals and ideas, but he never delves into them unless they are successful LOL), but then he would indulge and then feel like crap 'cause he would be close to having a glycemic episode: it's been a nightmare for him and I don't know if he stopped cold turkey, but he was put back on Tradjenta, starting 2 Fridays ago.

I was thinking of taking the rest of his pills and ingesting them myself, since it has also been prescribed as a weight loss med lol (but I don't **** with drugs unless I'm prescribed them and need them).

So, I've been on Ozempic for a few months now and have been doing well with it, though I can definitely see why some people would have problems. I definitely find my appetite decreased on it but haven't had the other side effects people talk about, fortunately. The hope is, though, that the only meds I will still be taking after my surgery will be the mental health ones because the sleeve gastrectomy should resolve hyperlipidemia and diabetes, my two biggest issues. Well, and my obesity. I've been obese since I was like 5 years old, so I am looking forward to that, as well.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diabetes- The Money's In The Treatment, Not The Cure - Belsnickel - 10-18-2022, 04:07 PM