Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zim is doing a good job against AZ
(12-11-2015, 01:03 AM)Utts Wrote: How good would this defense be if Zim were still here? Just a harmless hypothetical, no need to hate.

I think I might potentially like Guenther better (if he continues to trend upwards into years three and four as a coordinator). Zim is awesome, no doubt. I just feel like his defenses were part of why we'd lose big games... He seems like a law of averages kind of guy. Play straight up, don't bet big on a blitz or exotic call, and trust that your defense will get the job done more often than not.

It's a great strategy for normal games, but I feel like you have to go big or go home in the big-boy moments (prime time, playoffs, etc...). In those moments, his defenses failed as much as Dalton and the offense. I feel like Guenther is willing to take more calculated risks.

Fortune favors the bold, and I feel Guenther might be willing to be a little more bold.

Still, though, I'd poop my pants if we lost Marvin or Guenther, and Zimmer took their job. He's a Heck of a coach.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Zim is doing a good job against AZ - Utts - 12-11-2015, 01:03 AM
RE: Zim is doing a good job against AZ - gobobro - 12-11-2015, 02:01 PM