Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party
(10-18-2022, 02:30 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Not to derail this, but Trump - quite publicly - withheld military aid to Ukraine long before Putin got his panties twisted and invaded.
To think he wouldn't have continued to do so is...well it's something.

Yeah, because of the right wing and corrupt Ukrainian government.  It is interesting to see people who used to call Ukraine a haven for far right, even NAZI, actors (see Azov regiment) as well as the most corrupt country in Europe, conveniently forget all of that now.  Not that we shouldn't be helping them against Russia because of that, but it's no less true now then it was then.  Trump also exhorted European nations to increase their military spending due to the Russian threat and warned countries such as Germany about being reliant on Russia for energy.  Not exactly the words and actions of a Russian puppet or sycophant.  He also turned out to be 100% correct.  Unfortunately Hollo can fill us in on how the winter goes for them with energy rationing.

You are certainly correct that Trump likes him some authoritarians.  The reasons for this are rather obvious, but for those without the eyes to see it, he sees them as himself running a business, with the final say and ultimate control.  But it's quite a leap to say he'd be sitting on his thumbs over Ukraine, given his past remarks about Russia being a threat both economically (relying on Russian energy) and militarily.

I must say, it is impressive how certain people managed to make this thread about Gabbard another thread on Trump.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-18-2022, 05:27 PM