Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party
(10-18-2022, 01:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: But it's not a "wholly subjective" determination that Trump, not "Democrats," intended to use the DOD to seize ballot boxes, wanted the DOJ to attack political enemies, and to subvert the legal transfer of power to Biden, any more than whether Putin or Biden is the warmonger now is "wholly subjective." 

Why are those two things mutually exclusive?  I know it's very easy for you to fall back on "but Trump did X" instead of examining what may be legitimate criticism of your own party.  But Trump's excesses do not excuse those of others, nor do they mitigate them, no matter how much you clearly wish it were otherwise.

Well the claim is not that they are "mutually exclusive," but that we have overwhelming evidence for the one, not the other.

I'm prepared to examine "legitimate criticism of [my] own party," but what Hillary whattabout can equalize an attempted coup? 
What grounds for worrying more about Dems than the coup party?

When Trump won, Hillary conceded and Obama's transition team created guidebooks and the like to help
the incoming Trump team get up to speed, and that team promptly threw them in the waste basket when they arrived at the WH.

When Biden won, Trump refused to concede and sicced a mob on the Capitol. 
So I "fall back on Trump did X" because "X" was his attempt to use the DOJ and DOD to prevent the legitimate winner from taking office. And there is no comparable Dem X. No precedent in U.S. history like that.

What are the "excesses of others" that you think could redeem Tulsi here, create some equivocation which justifies her
embrace of the coup party on the grounds that the party defending rule of law is "weaponizes the security state"?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - Dill - 10-18-2022, 05:56 PM