Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party
(10-18-2022, 05:56 PM)Dill Wrote: Well the claim is not that they are "mutually exclusive," but that we have overwhelming evidence for the one, not the other.

My apologies, I'm not having a discussion about Trump.  I'm discussing Gabbard.  I know you can hang your hat on Trump, and little else at the moment, but that's not the purpose of my participation in this thread.

Quote:I'm prepared to examine "legitimate criticism of [my] own party," but what Hillary whattabout can equalize an attempted coup? 
What grounds for worrying more about Dems than the coup party?

Again, this is not a thread about Trump or Hillary, as much as you might wish otherwise.

Quote:When Trump won, Hillary conceded and Obama's transition team created guidebooks and the like to help
the incoming Trump team get up to speed, and that team promptly threw them in the waste basket when they arrived at the WH.

When Biden won, Trump refused to concede and sicced a mob on the Capitol. 
So I "fall back on Trump did X" because "X" was his attempt to use the DOJ and DOD to prevent the legitimate winner from taking office. And there is no comparable Dem X. No precedent in U.S. history like that.

I don't care whether there is a comparable incident involving a Dem.  Your position seems to be that the GOP (as a whole?) instigated 01/06/22 therefore no one should ever leave the Democratic party ever again?  That is mindbendingly stupid.  I wholeheartedly condemned what happened on 01/06, but that doesn't make the Dems any more palatable to me on the issues I dislike them over.  You can be a single issue voter all day, it's certainly your prerogative, but dismissing the intelligence of those who aren't in lockstep with you is a poor look at best.

Quote:What are the "excesses of others" that you think could redeem Tulsi here, create some equivocation which justifies her
embrace of the coup party on the grounds that the party defending rule of law is "weaponizes the security state"?

First, she doesn't need redemption for having an opinion that differs from yours.  Secondly, she's stated her position herself, she hardly needs me to repeat it.  We get it, you disagree with her, which is fine.  But that this, to you, implicates her as a profoundly unintelligent person really undercuts any argument you think you're making.

According to you 01/06 means we should shut this whole forum down, because it means no one should ever not vote for a Democrat again.  Ignore the massive inflation, recession and rampant crime and don't you dare think about voting for someone else because of 01/06 and such.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-18-2022, 06:07 PM