Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party
(10-18-2022, 05:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, because of the right wing and corrupt Ukrainian government.  It is interesting to see people who used to call Ukraine a haven for far right, even NAZI, actors (see Azov regiment) as well as the most corrupt country in Europe, conveniently forget all of that now.  Not that we shouldn't be helping them against Russia because of that, but it's no less true now then it was then.  Trump also exhorted European nations to increase their military spending due to the Russian threat and warned countries such as Germany about being reliant on Russia for energy.  Not exactly the words and actions of a Russian puppet or sycophant.  He also turned out to be 100% correct.  Unfortunately Hollo can fill us in on how the winter goes for them with energy rationing.

Yeah it's going to get cold.

But I have to add to this depiction that Trump withheld Congress-approved aid to Ukraine because he wanted them to announce fake investigations into Hunter Biden and Burisma.  That was his motivation, not the more noble ones that you point out just as those that wanted to defend him on that one did.

Also, sorry for not answering earlier, last days were crazy. I just can add this about Tulsi Gabbard. I didn't think it was particularly smart to associate with Assad, not to mention unlikeable.
Also I for one was way less impressed with her alleged takedown of Harris than you were. I don't think believing one of those is more or less impressive than the other can be used to determine one person's bias. As for her reasons to switch parties, I would say you might be projecting yur own grievances onto her. I don't know her real motives, but I doubt they are rooted in that exact same grievances. 
I'd assume it was a calculated career move. It sure would have helped me to see it otherwise had she not used such cheap talking points like this hostility to faith saying or how she talked about Dems weaponizing the DOJ - a classical Trump defense. I can't really respect someone going down that route.

Oh and there was that one about AOC and MTG...

(10-13-2022, 08:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, AOC is much more subtle about it, but she's no less a radical.  They're both profoundly unintelligent and beholden to ideological talking points.  A rational counterpoint is not something either is prepared to tolerate.

I find it quite possible that both are not exactly open for counterpoints and hence possibly pretty annoying in their convictions. But that's where for me the similarities end. AOC's being radical and crazy is manifested in her making some over the top suggestions in a climate change plan that you don't consider smart. MTG's craziness manifests itself in believing into QAnon and pedophile rings that Trump is out to fight and Jewish space lasers causing forest fires. There's a difference.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - hollodero - 10-18-2022, 10:12 PM