Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party
(10-18-2022, 06:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: My apologies, I'm not having a discussion about Trump.  I'm discussing Gabbard.  I know you can hang your hat on Trump, and little else at the moment, but that's not the purpose of my participation in this thread.

Again, this is not a thread about Trump or Hillary, as much as you might wish otherwise.

I don't care whether there is a comparable incident involving a Dem.  Your position seems to be that the GOP (as a whole?) instigated 01/06/22 therefore no one should ever leave the Democratic party ever again?  That is mindbendingly stupid.  I wholeheartedly condemned what happened on 01/06, but that doesn't make the Dems any more palatable to me on the issues I dislike them over.  You can be a single issue voter all day, it's certainly your prerogative, but dismissing the intelligence of those who aren't in lockstep with you is a poor look at best.

First, she doesn't need redemption for having an opinion that differs from yours.  Secondly, she's stated her position herself, she hardly needs me to repeat it.  We get it, you disagree with her, which is fine.  But that this, to you, implicates her as a profoundly unintelligent person really undercuts any argument you think you're making.

According to you 01/06 means we should shut this whole forum down, because it means no one should ever not vote for a Democrat again.
  Ignore the massive inflation, recession and rampant crime and don't you dare think about voting for someone else because of 01/06 and such.

Lol sure. That's what I've argued.  We'll recall this the next time you accuse others of misrepresenting you position.

And I'm actually talking about Gabbard not Trump. You said I've established "zero factual basis for [my] claims of [her] 'double standards' and 'logical inconsistency.'" It's all "subjective" and "my opinion."

So I asked you to confirm whether or not it's "factual" that Trump led a coup against the U.S. gov, weaponizing departments like the DoD and DoJ, and "factual" that Gabbard justified her party switch by publicly proclaiming the Dems were the dangerous "state weaponizing" party and warmongers to boot. 

Or is it only my "opinion" that Trump and the GOP did what they did, and Gabbard said what she said? 

Cuz if it's NOT just MY OPINION then there is a "solid factual basis" that Gabbard committed a massive logical and 
factual inconsistency, an MTG-level inversion of reality, that cannot be erased by any "empathy" or "wisdom" I supposedly lack. 
The question was about Gabbard, not Trump, as much as you might wish otherwise.

So the ball was back in your court.  Subjective dill opinion or objective public facts? 

But the "rational counterpoint" never comes. For, suddenly, after a passionate defense of Trump's supposed prescience regarding Ukraine and explaining away his love for bloody dictators, you are not on this thread to discuss him, and you are not going to "repeat" Gabbard's position--though no one asked you to. 

She doesn't need "redemption" for having a different opinion about who's actually weaponizing some state, and even if Trump did launch a coup it doesn't mean people can't join his party or have to be in lockstep with single issue voters who defend democracy, and to even imply this wonderful woman could be unintelligent itself undercuts my argument. Somehow.  

And you were speaking for everyone again. Wow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - Dill - 10-19-2022, 01:22 AM