Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diabetes- The Money's In The Treatment, Not The Cure
(10-18-2022, 10:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: As far as I know, there is no cure for Type 1. Your body doesn’t produce insulin. Type 2 is completely curable through diet and exercise.

Type 2 isn't actually curable. It can be managed with diet and exercise in many people, but also not even that is a guarantee. Also, the chances of managing it without medication decreases the longer you are diabetic. So, if you manage to make the lifestyle changes early on you have a higher chance of being successful with it, but the longer you wait the less likely the chances. Same with bariatric surgery like what I am getting. Doctors are optimistic for me, but I know my chances aren't all that great. But, even with that management early on your body still has insulin issues. The damage done by the disease isn't reversible and the genetic components to it mean that it is always with you.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diabetes- The Money's In The Treatment, Not The Cure - Belsnickel - 10-19-2022, 08:31 AM