Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party
(10-18-2022, 10:12 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah it's going to get cold.

I have two friends from San Diego that now live in Berlin.  I'm sincerely worried about them and they're considering coming back to CA for the winter.  I'm pulling for you, brother.

Quote:But I have to add to this depiction that Trump withheld Congress-approved aid to Ukraine because he wanted them to announce fake investigations into Hunter Biden and Burisma.  That was his motivation, not the more noble ones that you point out just as those that wanted to defend him on that one did.

Oh, I have no doubt that Trump injected personal reasons into that decision.  But the stated reason was due to corruption.  It also does not negate my point about the left being more than concerned about Ukraine's fascism and corruption and now act like neither ever existed.

Quote:Also, sorry for not answering earlier, last days were crazy. I just can add this about Tulsi Gabbard. I didn't think it was particularly smart to associate with Assad, not to mention unlikeable.

I believe her stated reasons for meeting with Assad were to better understand the situation in Syria.  She is also a consistent opponent of US sponsored regime change, something I would think most posters here would be right on board with.  Finally, thinking of Assad as preferable to an ISIS regime is hardly a radical position.  They both suck, a lot, but one is demonstrably worse

Quote:Also I for one was way less impressed with her alleged takedown of Harris than you were. I don't think believing one of those is more or less impressive than the other can be used to determine one person's bias. As for her reasons to switch parties, I would say you might be projecting yur own grievances onto her. I don't know her real motives, but I doubt they are rooted in that exact same grievances. 
I'd assume it was a calculated career move. It sure would have helped me to see it otherwise had she not used such cheap talking points like this hostility to faith saying or how she talked about Dems weaponizing the DOJ - a classical Trump defense. I can't really respect someone going down that route.

Everything in a political debate is a career move.  The fact that she annihilated Harris for her hypocrisy using actual facts, not slander or inference, is what impressed me.  She ended Harris' bid that night, and we'd never have heard from her again if Biden hadn't resurrected her corpse.

Quote:Oh and there was that one about AOC and MTG...

I find it quite possible that both are not exactly open for counterpoints and hence possibly pretty annoying in their convictions. But that's where for me the similarities end. AOC's being radical and crazy is manifested in her making some over the top suggestions in a climate change plan that you don't consider smart. MTG's craziness manifests itself in believing into QAnon and pedophile rings that Trump is out to fight and Jewish space lasers causing forest fires. There's a difference.

No, you're misunderstanding.  I'm comparing their policy positions.  AOC is, by her own definition, a radical.  She was part of a group that advocates the seizing of the means of production.  For the US this is an insanely radical position.  MTG says crazy shit, hence my stating that AOC is far more subtle with her radicalism, but both are political radicals in comparison to mainstream US thinking.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-19-2022, 12:09 PM