Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How an urban myth about litter boxes in schools became a GOP talking point
(10-20-2022, 01:44 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Stating facts is playing the victim card?

Stating that I'd get suspended is not playing the victim card but yet explaining to you why I wouldn't answer.

Mhm.
Saying "it's ok to insult me like that but I'm not afforded the same freedoms", however, is declaring yourself special and a victim of unfair persecution.

(10-20-2022, 01:44 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You also go back to litter boxes again even though I said that she hadn't mentioned it in their school, once again proving that you're posting empty rhetoric and destroying your "argument".

The litter boxes come up again and again for that is what people that narrate the same story than you do usually add to it. The claim is that kids identify as cats and the schools have to accomodate them beause of crazy leftists, they even have to put up litter boxes. But I get it, your stance is that a lot of kids identify as cats and the schools have to accomodate them because of crazy leftists, but nope no litter boxes, that would be absurd.
Got it.

(10-20-2022, 01:44 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Here's the story.

And apparently it is ok because they don't have any problem with girls that were born girls seeing them change and then they say that transgender girls are real girls.

Again, no, I don't think it's ok to stare at people changing. And whoever tells me it is is wrong in my book. And I guess in everyone's really.
Thanks for the link, I don't really know what to make of it, seems to be a lot of he said she said and a collection of a bunch of rumors and hearsay. But sure, if a transgender - or again, anyone - actually stares at folks changing, that needs to be addressed, preferrably by school policies rather than the law. It's quite possible this particular school got some things wrong here.
The problem is, again, that this can not really be attributed to transgenderism. A gay boy could just as well stare at other boys changing as well, or a bisexual boy/girl or a lesbian girl staring at other girls. It's something that can happen whenever multiple people share a bathroom. Some just are indecent or lewd people. Banning transgenders, still a tiny slice of the overall population, won't solve that.

(10-20-2022, 01:44 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I asked about a male bathroom as my driver was picking me up and I asked about a male bathroom since it was an all-girls school and he likes to hear himself talk, and he made a joke about gender identity and I said "yeah, it's ridiculous how kids can identify as whatever they want," and then he told a story about how students in his grandkids schools identify as animals and then the teacher responded with how they have a few.

That's the story? Seems to me you fell for an offhand remark, or a joke if you will.
Because, of course, it is one. Here's what I would say, if American schools actually accept and encourage students to live their new found identity as a cat, then I'm the first to say that this is crazy. I guess no one here questions that it would be absurd.
It's just not happening.

(10-20-2022, 01:44 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Make stuff up that fits their ideology? Like making up that a person claiming their a cat makes them a cat, or a boy claiming he's a girl makes him a girl?

Does reality not exist anymore?

Is there no truth in anything?

Not your truth, nope. Your truth being that everyone is either 100% male or 100% female. That is not true. If you wish, take a look at this case, just for example. And realize that it's not always so binary in every case, and that there's a spectrum. There are biological males or females with traits from the opposite sex, in extremes even including both male and female reproduction organs, but more often with hormonal divergences. I don't know much about that stuff, but physicians and psychologists do. And they could inform you about the actual truth of human nature, and that people born the wrong gender often suffer greatly, including many that become suicidal, it's not just a trend or hip or something that leftists just do because they're bored. And I do not understand your vehemence on this. Transgender people do not affect you or women you feel attracted to in any way, they do not make your life worse or restrict your freedoms. You want to restrict theirs, which imho is a bit at odds with the american ideal of individual liberty. Not to mention that you do not have empathy for those individuals, don't accept their suffering as real, you rather prefer your own narrow truth even if it isn't the truth.

And sure, at the same time the same things can not be said about human and cat organs or hormones. That's one reason why your constantly equating transgenders to people identifying as animals is so off. It's the same backwards argument as those that claim gay marriage leads to people marrying a sheep.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How an urban myth about litter boxes in schools became a GOP talking point - hollodero - 10-20-2022, 12:54 PM