Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A majority of Americans say this is the biggest threat to democracy
(10-20-2022, 01:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Neither I, nor the article said a word about political leanings of mainstream media.  I do agree with you that both sides are guilty of polarization of the viewers (voters).

True, but the article shows which side of the political coin is onboard with the idea that the media is the enemy, and I doubt they got that idea from a poorly-Xeroxed newsletter they got on the corner. 

The idea that the government and media can't be trusted is nothing new, but it's become so mainstream now that the media and government get support and make money off of the idea that the media and government can't be trusted...it's wacky.  We all knew someone who "knew" that fluoridated water was a government/communist mind control plot, but now that guy and people who think like him are way more united than before and paranoia sells.

So basically, we love media and government officials who tell us that everyone one except them is lying to us and out to get us.  This ends well, I'm sure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A majority of Americans say this is the biggest threat to democracy - Nately120 - 10-20-2022, 02:01 PM