Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party
(10-20-2022, 03:28 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yes. The accusation stems from the DOJ going after Trump and his secret documents. Especially seen in context to her other quotes I mentioned, like describing the Trump warrant as having hallmarks of dictatorship or calling Schiff a greater threat to democracy than Jan 6 was. This is all talk on behalf of Donald Trump.
Maybe she isn't so much a Trump apologist, I don't know for sure, but she sure willingly copies the talking points of those who are, possibly to garner their acceptance. And at some point there's no difference.

As for all the major GOP talking points she repeats, her statement is linked on the first page. There's plenty more of her I'd put in the same box, I mentioned some of them already and feel in summation they are sufficient to underline my point.

Of course, not everyone leaving the democrats is a republican in spirit, far from it. My assessment does not stem from her leaving the democratic party, but from her repeating pretty much all the major GOP talking points while doing so.
I don't know you or if you did the same. But if you had said you leave because the democrats are so hostile towards people of faith or are dictators for going after Trump's stolen documents with a search warrant or accuse them of being anti-white racists or call Schiff a domestic threat and all that other GOP jazz that Gabbard mentions, then I'd have an idea who you vote for and you'd be a republican in spirit to me. Which is not meant as a negative, at least not per se.

As for the pro-life facilities and peaceful protesters getting jailed for over a decade, I honestly don't find much about that on google and am not up to a real deep intense search. If things are as you describe them, that would be quite wrong in my book as well.

No, of course not. First off, I did not say "bad" and think this term oversimplifies things. You're neither "bad" nor a republican apologist just for appearing on FOX; you'are a republican apologist if you go on FOX and go through all the common GOP talking points the FOX host loves to hear from you. That's the basis of my assessment, not just her appearance there.

Yes. It's one of the reasons why I wouldn't consider her consistent.

While a member of Congress, she served as a vice chair of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) from 2013 to 2016, and resigned to endorse Bernie Sanders' campaign for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination.

Gabbard has spoken in favor of a Green New Deal but expressed concerns about vagueness in some proposed versions of the legislation[249] and its inclusion of nuclear energy.[250] She advocates her own "Off Fossil Fuels for a Better Future Act" ("OFF Act") as legislation to transition the United States to renewable energy
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - BengalYankee - 10-20-2022, 04:22 PM