Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party
(10-20-2022, 04:58 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Thank you for making my point with Rand Paul is quite different from Marjorie Taylor Greene as is Tulsi Gabbard is different from Schiff.

OK wait I did not slam her for being different from Schiff. I slammed her because she called Schiff a domestic threat.

(10-20-2022, 04:58 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: The Democrat party is supposed to be an open tent where different views are tolerated, but these days if you must be pro-abortion for example. Pro-life need not apply. 

Like a broken record there's always the first thing I'd say, the two-party system is awful, in so many ways. For one, wide tents don't work any more, I'd say mainly because of audience perception limits, but whatever. I can see how one can blame the democrats over failing to still be that, it's a fair point. But as always, it's a coin with two sides and the other side is considerably worse, in their demand to be loyal to Trump no matter what for example. But that leads too far. I'll leave it at that, I am in no way a generic defender of the Democratic party. They have their issues.

(10-20-2022, 04:58 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I voted for Tulsi in 2020 as a write-in vote in the election and in the early primaries. I don't agree with some of her issues, but she is far better then what we have now in the White House and the VP.  But that is me a true Independent and I welcome Tulsi to the club. 

At which point I'd respond the same way I responded to SSF - fair enough, you like her, I don't say there's anything wrong with that. There's just reasons why I don't. You can handle my laying them out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - hollodero - 10-20-2022, 05:34 PM