Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impressive Individual Stats through 6 weeks - Contipelli's Countdown
Marisa Contipelli does a countdown every week and I highly recommend it just because she shares fun stats and things to look out for the following week.

In this week’s episode, she focused on statistics that individual (or in a couple cases, groups of individuals) have achieved so far in 6 games this season. Some are career milestones and others are relative to the rest of the league, but they’re all really impressive. It’s definitely worth a watch, especially since it’s less than 3 minutes long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_GMqgYDmsM&ab_channel=CincinnatiBengals

In case you're unable to watch, the accomplishments are:

1. Joe Mixon is 89 yards away from 5,000 career rushing yards. He’d be only the 5th Bengal ever to achieve this milestone. He’d also be only the 8th active player in the NFL with 5,000 career rushing yards. (This may speak more towards the lack of longevity at the position, but impressive regardless).

2. Since week 3, Joe Burrow has the third highest passer rating in the NFL at 110. His 9 touchdowns and only 1 interception are also top 3 in the NFL (I’m not sure if she means the ratio or the total number of touchdowns, but still).

3. Joe Burrow is 3-0 at home against bottom 5 pass defenses, which is what Atlanta has through 6 games this season (they really had to dig this stat up from deep underground, I think haha).

4. The Bengals are the only team in the NFL with 3 WRs with over 300 yards receiving (Higgins, Chase, Boyd).

5. Chase and Higgins are the only receiving duo in the NFL with more than 1,400 receiving yards since the beginning of last season.

6. Trey Hendrickson has the 2nd most QB pressures in the NFL, with 20.

7. Hendrickson’s 11 QB hits is the most he’s ever had through 6 games in his career.

8. Hendrickson and Hubbard have the most combined pressures among 2 teammates in the entire NFL, with 32.

9. Chidobe Awuzie is allowing a 35% completion percentage on passes thrown his way. That’s the lowest in the league amongst corners with at least 18 targets.

10. QBs are registering a passer rating of 51.5 when targeting Awuzie, as he has not yet allowed a touchdown this season.

I love stuff like this!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Impressive Individual Stats through 6 weeks - Contipelli's Countdown - CJD - 10-22-2022, 12:46 AM