Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New study on NFL Pass Protection Rankings Shocker
(10-22-2022, 09:02 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I know but sacks are sacks. They effect the rhythm and consistency of the offense. Ha ha doesn’t dive into the run game lol

This doesn't get brought up a lot, but I believe the pass blocking win rate is much more important than the run blocking win rate....as do probably most of you.  However, I think the poor ranking for a lot of the Bengals run blocking snaps is due to scheme and predictability, rather than ability.  You are seeing an adaptation away from the lame-ass wide zone scheme to more of a power gap scheme.  It simply fits the personnel better and that is an example of good coaching.  

Both Zac and Pollack are big wide-zone guy, but they have figured out that their guys simply don't execute it as well as power gap.  Only took four games.  Good for them.  

This adaptation has seemingly gone unnoticed, but the Bengals have to play in poor weather with four home games in December and January (not counting the playoffs) and also a road trip to New England on Christmas Eve.  This will be a huge improvement if they can keep progressing.  

I can see them airing it out more on games like this weekend and saving the RBs for a stretch run in poor weather.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New study on NFL Pass Protection Rankings Shocker - SHRacerX - 10-22-2022, 11:05 AM