Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New study on NFL Pass Protection Rankings Shocker
(10-22-2022, 11:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sorry I missed that.  Was in Boston for a few days for work right after the last game.  Did anyone break down the difference in yardage between those two schemes early on?  I'm surprised to read this as it seemed like a lot more wide zone than that the first four games.  

I think there was a tweet about the YPC between zone and gap, pre Ravens, and then after the Ravens game, Ceasar pointed out the shift so i went to PFF to check and the numbers showed it was true. 

First 4 games they leaned zone but it was close to 50/50. Last two games has been very little zone. And i mean very little. 

They've been much more efficient on less running plays. The funny thing is, there was a discussion (semi-joking i think) about just abandoning under center snaps completely...then the Saints game happened and i think they took a grand total of 2 snaps from under center and the 2nd one was the kneel down at the end. 

There seems to be some pretty substantial adjustments going on with the offense, and it's a good thing to see.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New study on NFL Pass Protection Rankings Shocker - rfaulk34 - 10-22-2022, 06:46 PM