Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New study on NFL Pass Protection Rankings Shocker
I appreciate this post, my eye test from watching other games is that the offensive line is still subpar. I know this post says otherwise and I’m not trying to be over critical but when I watch the Bills or Chiefs, Patriots, Tampa Bay games allen and Mahomes and the like have large pockets with 4+ seconds multiples times per game to make big plays. This just doesn’t happen with our current line, I think Joe getting rid of the ball 4th fastest in the league makes sense because he has too which is masking the pressure numbers downward. Switching to Shotgun 99 percent of time and seeing improvement makes sense. It’s gives Joe an extra second or two to get through reads and get rid of it quickly. Play action pass not working makes sense too because the line is already on his feet by the time he gets to his reads, our line can’t hold for 3+ seconds, other lines in the league can. If shotgun 99 percent of the time works then I’m all for it, Buffalo does this regularly. I do hope to continue to see improvement from the line where play action pass becomes an option but I’d put that on the line and not on Joe. We will continue to struggle with strong defensive lines and need the offensive line to continue to improve in my opinion, I’m hopeful and optimistic.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New study on NFL Pass Protection Rankings Shocker - Justin1462 - 10-23-2022, 09:34 AM