Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party
(10-24-2022, 04:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The traditional term would be a "blue dog democrat", for a Dem who leans right or the equivalent of a RINO.  Although I haven't heard the term outside of describing Manchin in years.

Ok fair enough, and I've heard that before.  I'm just not sure if it is said with the same sort of insulting tone as calling someone a RINO is.  It's said in a matter where it's like "These people pretend to be on our side, but they aren't" sort of thing, but the GOP seems to be a bit more united on the tribalism these days.

Just to show how far things have come, the first time I heard the term RINO was prior to the 2008 election where I was having a bit of an argument/debate with my gf at the time and she wanted Sarah Palin in the white house by any means necessary and I wanted Rudy Giuliani to be president.  It was at that point when I was told he was just a RINO.  

It was framed in a manner where I was acting like I was being reasonable by pointing out that I also supported a republican, but I really wasn't because....RINO.  Oh, them old days.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - Nately120 - 10-24-2022, 04:25 PM