Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party
(10-24-2022, 08:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's so interesting to me because the GOP now is nothing like the GOP of the Reagan era. Trump really caused the party to move on a lot of positions that were hallmarks of Republican ideology for a long time. Palin was a harbinger of that shift.

It's interesting too since I came across that ex prior to the 2016 election and she told me the Trump stuff turned her libertarian.  Times change and all that, but it is interesting to see someone who thought Palin was the next Reagan flee the GOP because of Trump.

She was one of those college educated republican types, though.  Then again I'm telling a story where I'm fanboying over Rudy Giuliani so things change, and as Rick Wright once sang....stay behind or follow me. 

I will say the current GOP is similar to the Reagan era where they took a divorced former celebrity and democrat who hailed from a state that could be seen as a liberal hellhole and gave him the mantle of "most conservative and Christian person on earth" and ignored certain policies that didn't fly with their agenda because "Winning."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - Nately120 - 10-24-2022, 08:13 PM