Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Kenny PICKIT era has begun
(10-25-2022, 10:14 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Yep. We have some real fucknuggets as fans. Delusional, idiotic, moronic....etc. The sense of entitlement, expectation of perfection, and lack of patience runs high. So much so, that the idiocy of taking back to back first round QBs doesn't matter to them. They literally can't see the complete lunacy of doing such a thing and don't even realize that that pick could be a miss also. 

It's completely unreasonable to expect a rookie to come in and play lights out right away, but not with our fans. Big Ben spoiled them. 

Fellow Steeler fans reading this, don't take this personal, but in general our Yinzer fanbase is the absolute worst. 

This ^^^
IMO Big Ben had much to do with this shift in thinking. He was the most successful rookie QB since Marino, and ever since people expect it, thinking that he was the norm rather than an anomaly. 

Fact is that the 2003 6-10 Steelers were actually a pretty good team that was plagued by injuries allowing them to be in position to draft Ben. When he got there, he was surrounded by a team that the typical #11 pick doesn't have. They were able to coddle and develop him while they were winning. Eventually, he did develop into one of the best, but early on it was more about the team around him. 

If the Steelers are top 3 or 5 ish then they should do their homework on CJ Stroud and Bryce Young but that also puts them in the spot for Will Anderson or Myles Murphy. 

I'm not saying they should take a QB but picking in there will be top QBs on the board. If Matt Canada is fired a new OC might want to bring in a new QB.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The Kenny PICKIT era has begun - bfine32 - 10-02-2022, 05:29 PM
RE: The Kenny PICKIT era has begun - Synric - 10-25-2022, 11:58 AM