Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broncos fans, who happened to belong to the Sikh religion, initially refused access
I'm a suspicious old fart, but this is some BS.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25411274/sikh-fans-say-they-were-hassled-by-qualcomm-security-over-turbans

Sikh fans say they were hassled by Qualcomm security over turbans
By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com
December 12, 2015 2:30 pm ET

Five friends and Broncos fans drove seven hours from Fresno (Calif.) to San Diego to see their favorite team face the Chargers last Sunday, but they initially weren't allowed into Qualcomm Stadium because three of the men were wearing turbans.
"Three of my buddies, they had turbans on and it was like you guys got to take the turbans off, the security guard goes, and my religion, we are not supposed to take them off," Verinder Mahli said, according to Fox25.
Mahli and his friends are members of the Sikh faith.
The men were eventually allowed into the stadium, but Mahli claims the security supervisor told them that if they ever return to Qualcomm Stadium they cannot wear turbans.
"It's bad, I mean, this is embarrassing for me, because we are Americans at the end of the day," Mahli said. "And we are not supposed to be afraid of fellow Americans."
There's more, via 10News.com:
Quote:At some point Sunday afternoon, a fearful fan called San Diego police about Mahli and his friends. According to police, the caller claimed that three men wearing turbans were fiddling with items in their trunk, and had then left the parking lot.

A tailgater took a photo of a bomb-sniffing dog checking Mahli's vehicle. Police told 10News the dog cleared the car. Malhi said they had simply put a bag in the car after realizing they weren't allowed to take it in the stadium.
"Everybody [is] kind of confusing us with the turbans, because what you see on TV is mostly the terrorists they wear turbans," Mahli explained. "But our turbans [are] different, our faith is different, our beliefs are different."
The city of San Diego is looking into the matter and said the security supervisor is not employed by the city.

[Image: broncos-fans-chargers-turbans-sikh.jpg]
These Broncos fans say security told them not to wear turbans to the stadium again. (10News.com)

Messages In This Thread
Broncos fans, who happened to belong to the Sikh religion, initially refused access - Rotobeast - 12-12-2015, 07:13 PM