Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Why Can't You Just Believe In Joe Mixon
(10-30-2022, 08:18 PM)TheFan Wrote: The problem is ZT and Pollack tried to force the Wide Zone run offense for 3 years now with it never being successful. The FAs we brought in were known yo br better power run blockers (at least from what I heard) yet they tried again to make them fit the wide zone scheme. The last 2-3 games they moved to a power scheme and it had been successful. 

I also don't think it's a coincidence that ever since the articles came out about Mixon tipping the plays that our offense has looked much better. 

They didn’t necessarily move to a power scheme; they have been running power plays all season long. They just started running them more. We will still see outside zone, inside zone etc. but they have just upped their ratio of gap runs to zone. For instance, the Pittsburgh game saw Cincinnati run about 50% power, but they were step pitiful.

They improved for a couple of games recently and went right back to being abysmal against Atlanta. I think Cincinnati is just in for a terrible year running the ball, honestly. They just can’t get it done. Hopefully they can find success tomorrow. Cleveland is blah against the run.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Can't You Just Believe In Joe Mixon - KillerGoose - 10-30-2022, 11:21 PM
RE: Why Can't You Just Believe In Joe Mixon - IcoHolic - 11-07-2022, 03:53 AM